How to Find Farmers' Markets and Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs):
Guides to Healthy Products and Humane-Certified Foods:
- Wallet-sized guide to which fruits/veg. are most important to buy organic
- Check on 65,000 food, cleaning, personal care and toy products to learn their health, environmental, and social impact ratings at GoodGuide.
- Besides the "organic" label, also look for "Fair Trade," "Biodynamic," "American Grassfed," "pasture-raised," and third-party "certified humane" labels as keys to food quality.
- Locate independent seed companies.
See full discussion at Six Great Alternatives to Sugar.
- SweetLeaf SteviaPlus
- Wholesome Sweeteners' Organic Zero
- Global Foods Agave Nectar
- Lundberg Sweet Dreams Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Sunspire Grain Sweetened Chocolate Chips
- Ghirardelli 100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate
- Mrs. Dash herb blends
Alternatives to Refined White Flour and Wheat:
Brands We Use and Recommend: